When seeking to acquire LP positions in a particular fund, an investor may not wish its name and price to be out in the marketplace.
We initiate contact and negotiate with potential sellers on behalf of our client, keeping their name and price confidential.
Plain vanilla secondary sale of a portfolio of LP positions is the most common form of a private equity secondary transaction, in which a portfolio of interests in a number of venture capital and private equity funds are transferred from one investor to another.
We don't simply offer to contact a large number of potential buyers. RainMakers’ value proposition is to:
- Produce the best in class marketing material to highlight the value of assets,
- Approach a small group of highly qualified potential buyers
- Conduct a flawless process.
- Systematically show transactions to buyers both in the United States and in Europe, including to players without a global reach, for whom access will be of great value.
We are convinced that our process adds significant value to the sellers, and results in a smooth transaction, executed in a timely manner, and maximizing sellers' value.
From time to time we are requested by some LPs to provide specific consulting services focusing on the market segments we are particularly familiar with. Such assignments include:
- Fairness opinions on secondary transactions;
- Research on the dynamics of a specific market segment